Thursday, February 2, 2017

Thursday, February 2 -- Week 2 TRADITIONAL CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Way to go Joel for posting quality work! 
Way to go RaKeem for making a plan to start his leadership journey!  
Inform.png
Week 2 due Friday, February 3. I will not count work late if it is submitted by Sunday, February 5 -- you have a grace period built-in to each week.  
Week 1 work was due this past Friday. If you are new to the course or had other difficulties getting started, do not worry -- I will work with you as you catch up. Please reach out to me via course message, text, or email ASAP so that I can help you.
Today is Windshield Check Day! Check out the separate announcement I posted about what they are and how to do them.
Logging in for the first time?  Be sure to read the Daily Announcements from Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so you know what to do to get started.
Ready, set, lead!  
Instruct.png
This week your activities have revolved around discovering your definition of leadership.  You will continue to mold your definition of leadership as the course progresses.  I will challenge your definition with the content in the course as well as with the real world connections I offer here and in my gradebook feedback.  Ultimately the goal is to prepare you for the world after high school.  TEDTalks is an awesome resource for learning about any "idea worth spreading."  As you watch the TEDTalk from Roselinde Torres, listen for the 3 questions she says business leaders need to ask to be successful -- consider your life as your business and apply the questions to your business. Click on the visual below to hear the first of many TEDTalks I will share with you:
Leadership.png
Before posting any of your assignments, ask yourself the following questions:
a. Did I follow all instructions?
b. Did I completely answer the questions?
c. Do I clearly reflect that I understand and am thinking about the topic?  Did I use any weekly vocab?
d. Do I clearly reflect that I am applying the topic to my life--asking questions, giving examples, etc.?

Contact.png
Headings created in Canva by Melissa Dettman

No comments:

Post a Comment