Thursday, November 3, 2016

Thursday, November 3 -- Weeks 10 and 11 TRADITIONAL CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs! They are the 2016 World Series Champions!  Go Cubbies!  I ain't afraid of no goat!
Inform.png 
Weeks 10 and 11 begin this week.  Because we are learning about Stephen Covey's habits, the assignments are spread out over 2 weeks/modules.  Weeks 10 and 11 will be due together on Monday, November 14.  
Instruct.png
Be Proactive.png
The first Covey Habit is "Be Proactive."  What does proactive mean?  The prefix "pro" means "before" and the word "active" means "to do something."  If you are proactive, you make things happen instead of waiting for things to happen to you.  Covey suggests three ways to work on being being proactive.
  • Don’t suffer from the mistakes you made, be proactive and correct. Accept that you made a mistake and take action.
  • Make promises, set goals, even if they are really small ones. It builds the feeling of integrity and awareness and feeling of self-control.
  • Be a model, not a critic; be part of the solution.


Contact.png
Message me in the course (use the inbox or send me a message from the gradebook, text/call me outside of Canvas at 9196-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment