Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday, November 4 -- Week 12 EARLY CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png 
Shout out to Sandy for staying in touch with me and for caring about this course!
Shout out to Irvin for his consistency and his perseverance! 

Inform.png 
Week 12 continues and is due next Monday.  

Ready, learn, lead!
Instruct.png
perseverance quote.png
How do you know if you are persevering or if you are being stubborn?  Bill Murphy, Jr. from Inc. recommends asking yourself the following questions:
  1. Is the goal you are passionately and tenaciously pursuing truly worth your efforts?
  2. Stepping beyond yourself, is your objective truly worth the time and efforts of other people on your team?
  3. Can you articulate clearly and convincingly why the objective is a better use of time and effort than all the other things your team could be doing?
  4. Is there a consensus about feasibility? Is there a real chance you're tilting at windmills, and insisting that others follow your lead into something that won't wind up with a good outcome?
  5. Finally, are you able to point to times when you've admitted mistakes and shifted your position intelligently, based on feedback from others?
                                               - http://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/do-you-really-have-grit-or-are-you-just-a-stubborn-jerk.html
Contact.png
Message me in the course (use the inbox or send me a message from the gradebook), text/call me outside of Canvas at 919-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment