Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wednesday, February 1 -- Week 2 TRADITIONAL CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Kudos to Ethan for making sure his work is done and for sharing his Windshield Check with me last week!  
A special shout out to Jenna for self-advocating -- she reached out to me to clarify a process!
Inform.png
Week 2 began Monday and is due Friday, February 3. I will not count work late if it is submitted by Sunday, February 5 -- you have a grace period built-in to each week.  
Week 1 work was due this past Friday. If you are new to the course or had other difficulties getting started, do not worry -- I will work with you as you catch up. Please reach out to me via course message, text, or email ASAP so that I can help you.
Logging in for the first time?  Be sure to read the Daily Announcements from Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so you know what to do to get started.
Ready, set, lead!  
Instruct.png
Look for Real World Connections...
One of the ways to connect to the content you are learning in any course is to look for how the content relates to the real world.  Our content is the real world so it is important to relate what you are learning about leadership to the world outside of this course.  I will post real world connections like the one below in your gradebook feedback as well as in future announcements.  It will serve you well to take a minute and explore the resources I offer you -- it will enrich your experience and make your leadership journey easier.  The resources also come in handy when you are completing assignments because they give you something else to refer to and to use to explain your ideas.

Week 2 Lesson 2 asks you to compare and contrast leaders with managers.  Which is better for business -- leaders or managers?  Read the article to hear one perspective and to figure out what grapes and raisins have to do with the debate: http://www.rpi.edu/dept/hr/docs/Leadervsmanager.pdf (Links to an external site.)

Use your Creativity...
When completing your assignments, feel free to be creative!  You are welcome to use different formats to complete your work.  For example, this ToonDoo is a great example of a visual for your Manager v. Leader assignment.  Be sure your work is original and take pride in what you are posting!
 
Before posting any of your assignments, ask yourself the following questions:
a. Did I follow all instructions?
b. Did I completely answer the questions?
c. Do I clearly reflect that I understand and am thinking about the topic?  Did I use any weekly vocab?
d. Do I clearly reflect that I am applying the topic to my life--asking questions, giving examples, etc.?

Contact.png

No comments:

Post a Comment