Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thursday, January 26 -- Week 4 EARLY CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Each day, I celebrate a student who as done something awesome inside or outside of our leadership class. Today it is your turn -- text, email, or say (I know...old school!) a shout out to someone you know today.  Pay it forward!
Inform.png 
Week 4 is due tomorrow.
A few reminders...
  • Continue to share your Windshield Checks (your weekly check-in with me to let me know your progress) each Thursday.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Feel free to share something from your face-to-face world with me -- I want to know the great things you are doing!  Let me share your celebrations:)
  • If an application (like Wordle or Padlet) does not work with your school computer, you may use an alternative.  There are alternatives listed with the original assignments. You can contact me as well.
  • Quality work means you answer the question, you offer a thorough explanation, and you give an example that shows your understanding.  When you are answering questions about a text, you should cite the text. 
Ready, learn, lead!
Instruct.png
begin doing.png
Time management tends to be a favorite week of students.  From the quadrants activity and/or the weekly planner activity, students realize they need to change their habits.  The hardest part about changing a habit is getting started.  Get started with your better time management by choosing one of these time management systems:
Read more about the importance of having a time management system that works at http://www.time-management-success.com/time-management-systems.html. (Links to an external site.)  I really like the section on backlogs -- even as an adult, I struggle with backlogs!
Before posting any of your assignments, ask yourself the following questions:
a. Did I follow all instructions?
b. Did I completely answer the questions?
c. Do I clearly reflect that I understand and am thinking about the topic?  Did I use any weekly vocab?
d. Do I clearly reflect that I am applying the topic to my life--asking questions, giving examples, etc.?
EC Contact (1).png

No comments:

Post a Comment