Thursday, December 8, 2016

Thursday, December 8 -- Week 15 TRADITIONAL CALENDAR

Celebrate.pngGood job Maxwell for working diligently to make up missing work!
Inform.png
Week 15 will be due on December 12.
Also, the course ends on January 13. From January 2-9, all weeks of the course will be opened up for you to work in. Please plan accordingly.
If you email or course message me and don't hear from me within 24 hours, please text me.
Instruct.pngYesterday, December 7, was the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Franklin Roosevelt was the president and acted swiftly, with Congress, and declared war on December 8, 1941. FDR is considered to be one of our most influential and important presidents, yet he declared war, thus hurling our country into a World War.
In contrast, George W. Bush was the president on September 11, 2001 and he launched an attack in the Middle East on people he thought had contributed to the attacks.
Thinking about those two leaders, one is highly respected universally and one is not seen in the same regards. Why do you think that is? Both had an attack on their country and responded. Did it have something to do with their leadership skills? Or did it have to do with the state of our country? Interesting things to ponder, but undoubtedly we appreciate all who sacrifice for our country.

Contact Information
Message me in the course (use the inbox or send me a message from the gradebook), text/call me outside of Canvas at 919-780-4417, email me at casey.parvin@ncpublicschools.gov. If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours. You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment