Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wednesday, November 16 -- Week 14 EARLY CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png 
Shout out to Becky for great replies to her classmates in Week 13's discussion forum!
Shout out to Wes for connecting his journal response to the weekly content in Week 13! 

Inform.png 
Week 14 began yesterday.  
We have 3 new weeks of course material left in our course and then 2 weeks of final exam activities.  Our course ends on Friday, December 16.
I will be re-opening all weeks for one week before final exams to allow you to catch up on any missing work -- please mark your calendars for  November 28-December 5 and plan accordingly.
Instruct.png
One of the hallmarks of leadership is self-discipline.  Self-discipline is "the ability to make yourself do what you should do when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not."  To lead, leaders are so committed with their visions that they make themselves do what they should do under any circumstances. The good thing about this is that leadership is a decision, is a commitment, is an attitude. Self discipline is like the horse you ride to achieve things, to move people, to communicate, to go the extra mile. Your job is to “tame” that horse to help you achieve your goals and vision.
LEADERSHIP ACTIONS
  1. Every time you have to do something and you don’t feel in the mood, just tell yourself: If I don’t this now, I’ll have to do it later, and then I’ll feel worse. So
  2. Do not complain, and do it. One thing will happen (i can tell by my own experience), after you finish your work, you will feel   better, you’ll feel terrific, you’ll feel a better person. Add up enough of these experiences and you will never look back again.
  3. Change perspective, may be you need a purpose to do something. Then, find it. Take charge. It’s your life, not others’.
  4. Be Responsible. Yes, only that, be responsible. Again it’s your life. By being responsible you take control, and after that, that's what leaders do, they have the control.

Contact.png
Message me in the course (use the inbox or send me a message from the gradebook), text/call me outside of Canvas at 919-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment