Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thursday, November 10 -- Week 13 EARLY CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png 
Way to go, David!  He connected his forum to a lesson in Week 12.
Thank you to Ariyah for keeping an eye on her grades and applying the feedback I leave her her assignments!

Inform.png 
Week 13 is due Monday, November 14.  
Instruct.png
 practice speech.png
For communication, PRACTICE MAKES PERMANENT! Remember...just because something is difficult does not mean you should give up...it just means try harder! 
Tip for 13.2:
Got Great Speeches of the 20th Century?  Go to http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/series/greatspeeches to listen.  Although The Guardian says Churchill takes top honors, I think Virginia Woolf does a great job.  Remember you may choose a speech not listed in the assignment site.  If you are confused about why the chart has 5 spaces, read Tuesday's announcement.
Tip for 13.3:
One of the most important parts of your speech is your opening.  To learn more about how to start your speech, watch this tutorial.  Some parts are better suited for the business world, but since our ultimate goal is to prepare your for the business world, feel free to try them out!
Contact.png
Message me in the course (use the inbox or send me a message from the gradebook), text/call me outside of Canvas at 919-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment