Thursday, October 27, 2016

Thursday, October 27 -- Week 9 TRADITIONAL CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Kudos to Markayla for staying focused and embracing what she is learning in the course!
Inform.png 
Week 9 continues and is due Monday, October 31.  

Weeks 1-9 remain open to allow you to make up missing assignments.  They will close October 31.

Instruct.png
edison quote.png

How much can you learn from bad leaders?  According to Samuel Smiles, 

"We learn wisdom from failure much more that from success. We discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery."

Many of you did not consider yourself to be a leader until you learned to define leader differently.  As a young leader, part of leading is failing.  Sometimes that means we fail ourselves and sometimes that means we learn from watching someone else fail.  

In today's society we focus on the bad more that we focus on the good.  That epidemic is center-stage in this year's presidential election.  Pointing out the failures is easy -- failures of the candidates, failures of the politicians in office, failures of the media.  If we do not learn from the mistakes, then we will fail.  What are the mistakes from this election?  I do not mean the differing policy opinions...I mean the leadership mistakes.  What can we learn about moving forward from this election?  Keep in mind that continuing to bad mouth a person or an idea is not moving forward...it is actually moving backward.
Contact.png
Message me in the course (use the inbox or send me a message from the gradebook), text/call me outside of Canvas at 9196-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment