Friday, October 21, 2016

Thursday, October 20 -- Week 8 TRADITIONAL CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Have you celebrated a leader in your life lately?  Take the time today to tell someone who has influenced you that you appreciate their example.  Leaders must celebrate others!
Inform.png 
Week 8 continues.  It is due Monday.  
Remember Weeks 6 and 7 will not be counted late due to Hurricane Matthew
In Week 7, many of you expressed that your biggest frog is homework. Time management can help you eat that frog! I offer several resources to help you keep track of dues dates so that can plan ahead:
  • Please be sure you sign up for my Remind text messages. To do so, text @tcdettmanto the number 81010.
  • The course calendar lists due dates.
  • A printable list of all due dates is found in our syllabus. 
  • My Smore includes a list of work for last week, this week, and for next week at all times. Go to https://www.smore.com/18w65 (Links to an external site.) and take a look! There is also a section on due dates as you scroll down the page.
Ready, learn, lead!
Instruct.png
work in progress.png
One of Week 8's assignments is to create a comic strip about making progressin becoming a leader.  Before making a comic, write down your thoughts on your leadership progress.  Then choose the idea from your plan that could be illustrated in a few frames of a comic.  To get full credit, you must show evidence of your journey.  
If the suggested web tools do not work for your computer, try one that does.  If nothing works, you can even draw a comic (stick figures are certainly acceptable) and send me a picture of it.
Contact.png
Message me in the course (use the inbox or send me a message from the gradebook, text/call me outside of Canvas at 9196-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment