Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thursday, January 12 -- Week 2 EARLY CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Way to go, Santiago!  He is reading my gradebook feedback and taking advantage of the opportunity to repost!
Way to go, Nicholas!  He was added to the course after it began and is already almost caught up!  He also reached out to me -- communication is key!

Inform.png
Today is Windshield Check Day! Check out the separate announcement I posted about what they are and how to do them.
Week 2 began Monday and is due Friday, January 13. I will not count work late if it is submitted by Sunday, January 15 -- you have a grace period built-in to each week.  I will also work with any students affected by the winter weather.
Week 1 work was due this past Friday. If you are new to the course or had other difficulties getting started, do not worry -- I will work with you as you catch up. Please reach out to me via course message, text, or email ASAP so that I can help you.
My goal is to grade your work within 24-48 hours of receiving it. Be sure to read my feedback so that you get tips for improving as well as extending your learning. Past students will tell you that they learn as much from the feedback as they do from the assignments.  By the end of this week, I share your progress with your parents.  Per NCVPS policy, I will share your progress at least once a month.  If you are struggling or missing assignments, I will be in contact with your parents more often.
To receive full credit, you must post quality work. In addition to the explanation of quality work in our syllabus (under Course Documents), I will leave ideas and examples of quality work in my feedback as well as in Daily Announcements.  Here is the grading scale for Leadership Development:
 Grading Scale 16-17.PNG
Ready, learn, lead!
Instruct.png
This week your activities have revolved around discovering your definition of leadership.  You will continue to mold your definition of leadership as the course progresses.  I will challenge your definition with the content in the course as well as with the real world connections I offer here and in my gradebook feedback.  Ultimately the goal is to prepare you for the world after high school.  TEDTalks is an awesome resource for learning about any "idea worth spreading."  As you watch the TEDTalk from Roselinde Torres, listen for the 3 questions she says business leaders need to ask to be successful -- consider your life as your business and apply the questions to your business. Here is the first of many TEDTalks I will share with you:
Before posting any of your assignments, ask yourself the following questions:
a. Did I follow all instructions?
b. Did I completely answer the questions?
c. Do I clearly reflect that I understand and am thinking about the topic?  Did I use any weekly vocab?
d. Do I clearly reflect that I am applying the topic to my life--asking questions, giving examples, etc.?
 Contact.png
Headings created by Melissa Dettman using Canva

No comments:

Post a Comment