Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Wednesday, October 5 -- Week 8 TRADITIONAL CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Keep swimming, Emilee!  As Robert Collier said, "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."Inform.png 
Week 6 began Tuesday.  It is due next Monday.  I will continue to grade Week 5.  Like you, I am trying out the schedule I proposed for finishing your work by Friday...only instead of completing assignments, my goal is to grade them.  Here is that schedule:

  • Monday - Make-up work from previous weeks 
  • Tuesday - Lessons
  • Wednesday - Lessons
  • Thursday - Discussion Board
  • Friday - Journal
Good luck to us as we try out some of those time management strategies from Week 4!  BTW...I did great at the beginning of the week...not doing so great at mid-week!  

Ready, learn, lead!

Instruct.png
Practice makes permanent...and that includes creativity.  According to musician Eric Wahl, you must "actively nurture and practice" creativity.  He says there are 5 traits of creative leaders:
  1. They rattle cages.
  2. They listen to intuition.
  3. They move fast.
  4. They have convictions and stick to them.
  5. They don't (only) do what's expected of them.
Read Wahl's explanations at https://www.fastcompany.com/3049844/5-hallmarks-of-the-most-creative-leaders (Links to an external site.). In his opening paragraph, you will know his definition of leadership as well as the theory of leadership that he supports.  Text me the theory along with a quote from the article that gave you the answer -- I will add 5 points to your lowest grade:)


  Contact.png
Message me in the course (use the inbox or send me a message from the gradebook), text/call me outside of Canvas at 9196-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment