Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday, October 7 -- Week 6 EARLY CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
I am so proud of Dominique for applying what he is learning to his life -- good luck climbing your mountain, Dominique!
Inform.png 
Week 6 is due Monday.  I have been REALLY impressed with your Goldsmith articles from Week 5.  Not only do I see excellent text references, I see connections to the real world.  Way to go, team!
As Hurricane Matthew nears our coastline, remember that I will work with you if you miss school and/or do not have internet access due to Matthew's impact.  Focus on staying safe!
Ready, learn, lead!
Instruct.png
creativity see world differently.png
Howard Gardner, developer of the theory of multiple intelligences, believes that "creativity is a way of life rather than a single idea."  According to Gardner, creative people "regularly solve problems, fashion products, and pose issues in a domain in a way that is initially novel and ultimately acceptable in a cultural setting."  He goes on to say that creative leaders "achieve their influence through the kinds of narratives or stories they tell" and that to affect us, a leader must "change the stories we already believe, so we will behave and act in different kinds of ways."  Which words posted would Gardner agree with and which ones would he disagree?  What would he add?
  Contact.png
Message me in the course (use the inbox or send me a message from the gradebook), text/call me outside of Canvas at 9196-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment