Thursday, October 27, 2016

Friday, October 28 -- Week 9 TRADITIONAL CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Shout out to Natalie for posting quality work in Week 8!  I was especially impressed with Lessons 1 and 2!
Inform.png 
Week 9 is due Monday night at midnight.
Weeks 1-9 remain open to allow you to make up missing assignments.  They will close October 31.

Instruct.png

growth.png
Now that we have hit the halfway mark in our course, it is important to reflect on what you do well and what you need to work on improving.  Here are a few strengths and weaknesses to be mindful of in our course so that you continue to be successful:

Strengths
  • Windshield Checks -- thanks for sending me your updates on weekly progress!
  • Participation -- thanks for your awesome replies to classmates
Weaknesses
  • Text-based answers -- remember to use the text to answer the questions (even the questions that seemingly can be answered without it).  Review the Course Documents for resources on how to use text in your work.
  • Complete explanations -- remember to answer all parts of all questions and to fully explain your ideas.   Our questions are not designed for one-sentence answers.  Be sure you are detailing examples from your life, the text, and/or the real world.
Contact.png
Message me in the course (use the inbox or send me a message from the gradebook, text/call me outside of Canvas at 9196-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment