Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thursday, September 29 -- Week 5 TRADITIONAL CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Kudos to Morgan for showing great leadership skills and putting academic success first!
Inform.png 
Week 5 continues and is due next Monday.  It is Windshield Check Day!  Let me know how you are doing!  I challenge you to use a vocabulary word from this week in your check!

Ready, learn, lead!

Instruct.png
quality.png
 
The internet is a full of amazing resources and it is full of resources that are bogus.  Do you knowhow to evaluate an online resource to be sure they have quality information?  Joyce Valenza, a librarian and a teacher, has created a simple system to help you evaluate websites, blogs, and wikis.  Use CARDSS when you research so that you are certain the information is CREDIBLE, ACCURATE,RELIABLE, RELEVANT, DATED, SOURCED, and of the right SCOPE.  Go to http://www.commoncorehistorysocialstudies6to8.com/uploads/1/3/5/2/13524571/carrdss.pdf (Links to an external site.) to see what each of the terms means.  

You can use the CARDSS strategy for assignments in our course as well as for assignments in all of your classes.  It is easy and it works!  The more you use it, the more habit it becomes.

  Contact.png
Message me in the course using the inbox on the left of the screen, text/call me outside of Canvas at 9196-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment