Monday, September 12, 2016

Monday, September 12 -- Week 2 Ends TRADITIONAL CALENDAR

Welcome.png
Celebrate.png
Kudos to Margaree for connecting her lessons to one another!  She connected Week 2 Lesson 3 to an earlier assignment!
Inform.png 
Week 2 is due today.  I hope to have Week 2 graded and posted by Tuesday.  I have already graded most the lessons that were posted last week.  My goal each week is to grade your current week's work by Friday, grade your make-up work on Monday, and have all grades for that week posted by Tuesday (the day after each week is due).  Some weeks I meet my goal and some weeks I do not -- like you, I have a busy life and I have to prioritize based upon what life throws at me. Leaders must be flexible!
Ready, learn, lead!

Instruct.png

journey quote.png
Week 2 introduced you to leadership theories and helped you understand the difference between leadership and management. You also explored leadership styles.  The information you explored will serve as your foundation for this next part of your leadership journey.  As we cover more content, remember the theories so that you understand the "why" behind leadership actions.  Remember your well-developed style but work on your least developed styles as well.  When you post assignments, reference the material you learned -- make connections to our new material by relating it to what you learn in the previous week.  To be successful leader, we must make connections.  

Maria Popova said "in order for us to truly create and contribute to the world, we have to be able to connect countless dots, to cross-pollinate ideas from a wealth of disciplines, to combine and recombine these pieces and build new castles."  Have you built a castle today?  


  Contact.png
Message me in the course using the inbox on the left of the screen, text/call me outside of Canvas at 9196-435-2008, email me at melissa.dettman@ncpublicschools.gov, or message me using Remind.  If I do not answer right away, I will answer as soon as I can and definitely within 24 hours.  You can also get help using the Peer Tutoring Center -- click on the PTC quick link on our homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment